Spending time in the pool is fun, interesting, and exciting! But sometimes children and even adults can get bored. This is a very common problem and the best solution is to buy accessories for entertainment, especially pool slides. This will significantly improve your time in the pool and provide unforgettable memories for all family and friends!
To better navigate the article, we suggest you pay attention to the accessories that will improve your use of the pool slide and 3 main criteria on how to choose the perfect pool slide. This will help make your choice easier and faster.
Comparison table: 3 best models of pool slides in Canada
|The best for little kids|
Intex Water Slide
|Dimensions: 50 x 81 x 150 cm|
Weight: 16.78 kg
Capacity: 80 kg
|The most sturdy construction|
SPORTSSTUFF Inflatable Pontoon Slide
|Dimensions: 26.67 x 84 x 137 cm|
Weight: 15 kg
Capacity: 91 kg
Material: Polyester reinforced PVC
|The highest quality of material|
RAVE Sports Pontoon Slide
|Dimensions: 20 x 38 x 51 cm|
Weight: 16.47 kg
Capacity: 113 kg
3 main criteria on how to choose the perfect pool slide
- The size of your pool. The size of your pool is very important because certain models of slides are quite cumbersome. If you choose a slide that is too large, it will be uncomfortable to use and, as a result, it will not be fun. Therefore, carefully read the product description and choose a slide according to the size of your pool.
- Who will use it? Everyone wants to have fun, not just children. Therefore, it is important to understand who will use the slide and what its weight is. Most slides are aimed at children under 10, but some models can be used by adults. For example, Intex Water Slide is best suited for children, and RAVE Sports Pontoon Slide can be easily used by adults because the maximum weight that it can withstand is 113 kg.
- The season during which it will be used the most. In general, most people use swimming pools and pool slides in the summer. But it is worth understanding what the average temperature will be during use. This is important because if it is very hot, the water on the slide will evaporate quickly and as a result, it will be impossible to slide on it, simply because the surface is dry. For such cases, there is a spray kit for pool slides, which is specially designed to constantly moisten the slide for the most comfortable use.
It is not recommended to use the slide in cold weather. Some structural elements may freeze and break, so the material may not withstand the cold weather.
How did we choose
We conducted an in-depth Canadian market analysis and studied comments from more than a hundred buyers. Based on user comments and characteristics of the pools, we have identified the most important criteria that the best pool slides must meet and chose the top-3 models with the best functionality. To save your money and time, we present this analysis of each of the models.
A detailed review of each model
Intex Water Slide — the best for little kids
|50 x 81 x 150 cm|
|Benefits||The safest due to 6 heavy-duty handles|
Includes repair patch
Multiple chambers for added stability
- The best for little kids due to the small size and safe construction;
- Has inflatable stepping mat;
- Comfortable use due to climbing steps & handles
- Due to its large size (50 x 81 x 150 cm) may not be suitable for all pools
If you are looking for a slide that is perfect for your children, this is it. Due to its safe design and small size, it is convenient for children under 10 years. The important thing is that the slide itself is not very big, so you can be sure that the child will not be injured when using it. In addition, the sides of the slide contain special handrails that will not allow the child to fall into the water or slip.
It’s important to remember that this model is very easy to use and contains 6 handrails and climbing steps that allow the child to quickly climb to the top of the slide.
Parents are often worried that when a child comes down the slide, the slide may be unstable and move around the pool. Even worse, if it overturns. But the design of this slide is made in such a way that it has a very stable base and is made so that it can not roll over.
SPORTSSTUFF Inflatable Pontoon Slide — the most sturdy construction
|26.67 x 84 x 137 cm|
Polyester reinforced PVC
|Benefits||The best durability due to the hot air which overlaps welded seams;|
The fastest assemble in 5 minutes;
Raised inflatable safety chambers on both sides
- The most sturdy construction due to the strong material (polyester reinforced PVC)
- Fairly lightweight (15 kg, other pool slides weight around 17 kg on average)
- Long slide length (3 meters)
- Does not come with the proper valve for pumping air into it, so you will need to buy one by yourself
If when buying the first thing you pay attention to is the strength and durability of the construction, then this model is made just for you. Due to the strong material (polyester reinforced PVC), in this slide holes appear very seldom, seams do not disperse. With proper care and no mechanical damage, this model can last a very long time.
Despite its rather large size, it weighs only 15 kg, which is a very big plus for this type of construction. You can easily carry it if necessary and quickly deflate it if you want to store it somewhere.
It is important to note that this model is not intended for young children. That is because safety chambers are located only on top of the slide, and when sliding a small child may not keep their balance and fall. In general, it can be used by adults and children from 10 years.
RAVE Sports Pontoon Slide — the highest quality of material
|20 x 38 x 51 cm|
|Benefits||The fastest and the most comfortable assemble due to 12V High-Pressure Inflator;|
The best portability due to the ability to roll up to the size of a sleeping bag
Has heavy-duty adjustable straps and set-up instructions for easy use
- The highest quality of material due to the special anti-UV fading, anti-mould, and anti-mildew coating
- Can be easily used by an adult due to its high capacity (113 kg)
- Due to the uniqueness of the design can be easily stored without taking up much space
- Due to the design, it is very difficult to completely deflate it and easy to carry or store somewhere
For any Canadian buyer, the quality of the product is an extremely important characteristic. This model will provide you with the most comfortable and long-lasting use of the slide thanks to the special anti-UV fading, anti-mould, and anti-mildew coating. This type of coating allows the slide to strengthen the surface and protect it from damage.
The big plus is that this slide comes with a 12V high-pressure pump, which allows you to quickly inflate the slide without much effort. It is included in the price of the kit, so you will not overpay.
And the biggest advantage is that this model can withstand the greatest weight (113 kg) and is designed for adults and children from 10 years. Therefore, regardless of age or weight, everyone will be able to have fun on this slide.
Accessories to improve the use of your pool slide
The spray kit is the thing that will greatly improve the use of the slide. Especially in hot weather, when water evaporates quickly, the surface of the slide can become dry and uncomfortable to use. For this purpose, the set for spraying is created. It attaches to the inside of the slide and constantly moisturizes it.
|Model||Poolmaster Spray Kit for Pool Slide|
|Kit||12′ Poly tubing, spray nozzles, and garden hose connector|
|Benefits||Complete set of components that provides water/spray distribution for pool slides|
Fits all kinds of pool slides
In general, choosing a slide is not an easy thing and it is important to approach it responsibly. Therefore, we suggest you look again at the list of the best slides and remind yourself what their most important characteristics are. These are the size, weight, ability to inflate quickly, convenient storage, the weight that this slide can withstand, the age for which it is designed, the strength of the material, and its quality.
Also, we advise you to look again at 3 main criteria on how to choose the perfect pool slide. It will also help you choose the right model.
❓ How deep should water be for slides?
The slide should be installed at a water depth of at least 36 inches, dropping to 42-54 inches as you move away from the slide. This usually means the middle of the pool, not the shallow end, not the entire depth. If the depth of your pool does not meet these standards, it is better not to use a slide.
🔍 How much space is needed for a pool slide?
Actually, most slides require a minimum area of 3 meters x 5 meters, depending on style. Some models require more space, such as Intex Water Slide. In this case, we recommend using slides only in swimming pools where the size is a few meters larger than specified.
📌 Is a pool slide safe?
Yes, slides are safe if all safety rules are followed. This includes the fact that very young children should wear swimsuits or an inflatable vest. In addition, there must be an adult near them. Adults who use a slide must be able to swim well and understand that they are responsible for their safety.
Did you like the article? Was it helpful?