The swimming pool is an ideal place to relax and have fun. It’s essential to keep its main purpose by ensuring that your family stays safe during outdoor entertainment. Since children and animals are the most vulnerable to jumping in the pool, a fence is the only reliable way to keep them away.
Which are the best safety pool fences on the Canadian market today? You will find an answer to this question after reading about the top 4 pool fences that will significantly improve overall safety.
Moreover, we reviewed various types of fences and highlighted common problems you may face with the pool fencing and how to avert them.
Comparison Table: Top-4 Pool Fences in Canada for Unforgettable Experience
|Life Saver Pool FenceThe Most Durable Construction||Item dimensions L x W x H: 137.2 x 12.7 x 12.7|
Material: Aluminum, stainless steel, mesh
- The fence is constructed of solid high gauge aluminum. Its pieces are joined with stainless steel safety latches that are easy to open;
- The fence can be easily removed and re-inserted when needed;
- You can construct your fence to the exact size and shape you need.
|GLI Protect-A-Pool Above-Ground Fence The Most Sturdy||Item dimensions L x W x H: 163.8 x 2.5 x 61|
- It is made with maintenance-free and sturdy vinyl;
- The fence is , and you can leave it under the hot sun and don’t be afraid about it getting damaged or discoloured by the sun’s rays;
|WaterWarden Removable Outdoor Pool FenceThe Safest for Children and Pets||Item dimensions L x W x H: 365.76 x 2.54 x 121.92 |
Material: Aluminum, mesh
- All posts and screws are made of stainless steel hardware that will not rust or corrode;
- The fence can be removed and reinstalled in-minute by a person;
- It comes in 4 or 5-foot sections, so you can order as many as you need at the right size for your pool area.
|Giantex Pool Fence in GroundThe Best Value for Money||Item dimensions L x W x H: 137.79 x 15.24 x 13.97|
Material: Mesh, aluminum
- It comes with a climb-resistant surface that prevents people from climbing over the fence;
- You can shorten this fence to accommodate the specific size of your pool area;
- The pool fence is made of a lightweight, strong aluminum frame and can be folded up and put away whenever you’d like.
How Did We Choose
- Firstly, we analyzed various types of pool fences available on the Canadian market;
- Secondly, our team found 10 highly-rated models with the best features;
- Thirdly, we analyzed more than 150 customer reviews;
- Eventually, we selected the 4 best models for quality standard research and found out the winner category for each pool fence.
Thanks to this research, our team can determine which factors are critical to users of pool fences. Based on our methodological analysis, we emphasized the strengths and weaknesses of each model. Take a look at our calculations below.
A Detailed Review of Each Model
Life Saver Pool Fence — The Most Durable Construction
- The fence is supported by 5 integrated posts that are constructed of heavy gauge aluminum;
- The fence is corrosion-protected and doesn’t have sharp points or hooks;
- Easy to remove when you don’t need it.
- It doesn’t come with a gate.
Do you need a pool fence that stands out for its durability? The Life Saver pool fence has extra-tough PVC-coated nylon mesh (durable synthetic woven base fabric) that guarantees excellent stability and strength. The safety fence is supported by 5 integrated posts that are constructed of heavy gauge aluminum. It is also corrosion-protected and doesn’t have sharp points or hooks. In addition, the posts are rust-resistant, which means they will last for decades.
Furthermore, the fence boasts tension-based support, and every pole features 0.5 inches of stainless steel that you can easily insert on the surface. You can easily remove the fence when you don’t need it.
Unfortunately, pool fences do not come with a safe self-latching gate in most cases. You need to buy it separately for the Life Saver pool fence; the gate will make entering the pool easier (you don’t need to remove the fence to get to the pool) and only on demand.
GLI Protect-A-Pool Above-Ground Fence — The Most Sturdy
- It ensures sturdiness because this fence is made of rigid vinyl construction;
- It is a UV-protected fence so that it won’t get damaged by the harmful UV rays from the sun;
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- This fence is designed only for above-ground pools;
If you want to make your above-ground pool secure, the GLI fence is a great way to do it. It’s a barrier that prevents anything from falling in. GLI above-ground fence appears to be the most sturdy model. The system boasts of maintenance-free ability and is made with a vinyl construction that lasts for years. If sturdiness is the most important feature for you, you have better choose the vinyl pool than the mesh one. Predominately, mesh pool fences are used for one or two seasons.
This safety fence is durable, attractive, and easily adjusts to any size pool. The kit is a set of eight sections, but you can order as many as you need. It is backed by a 5-year warranty. Moreover, GLI is UV-protected, so that it won’t get damaged by the harmful UV rays from the sun. This feature is not inherent in WaterWarden (review) and Giantex (review) pool fences.
WaterWarden Removable Outdoor Pool Fence — The Safest for Children and Pets
- It is made of a solid woven mesh that will prevent kids or pets from entering your pool area unsupervised;
- The fence can be easily removed and reinstalled;
- It comes in 4 or 5-foot sections, so you can order as many as you need at the right size for your pool area.
- It doesn’t come with a drill guide or a pool safety gate.
WaterWarden fence is an excellent choice for fencing inground swimming pools of various shapes and sizes. There is a unique feature that distinguishes this fence from other fences: solid woven mesh. This type of material prevents pets from entering your pool area unattended. Thanks to it, we can highlight that the WaterWarden is the safest for children and pets.
It comes in 4 or 5-foot sections, so you can order as many as you need at the right size for your pool area. The poles for this fence, as well as for the Life Saver (review), will be anchored into the ground with stainless steel pins, so it’s extra sturdy and dependable. Unfortunately, this fence doesn’t come with a safety gate or drill guide, just the fencing. You can buy them separately because it is an important pool fence part. The drill guide will make it easy to accurately and consistently drill required holes in concrete; the safety gate will provide the way to enter the pool when needed.
Giantex Pool Fence in Ground — The Best Value for Money
- It comes with a climb-resistant surface that prevents going over;
- It is easy to install and remove;
- You can shorten this fence to accommodate the specific size of your pool area.
- This fence is designed only for in-ground pools;
- It doesn’t come with a pool safety gate.
If you need a good longer fence for a reasonable price, the Giantex in-ground pool fence is the best variant for you. This Giantex swimming pool fence is made of a lightweight and strong aluminum frame. As for the net cloth, it is made of ultra-durable 1000D mesh with an anti-climbing design, making it difficult for children to go over.
It is folded up and put away for in-ground swimming pools whenever you’d like. It is much easier to install and remove than the GLI base kit fence (review). Of course, it is a great product to keep children and pets away from the pool area. If needed, you can shorten this fence to fit the specific size of the pool area.
Pool Fence Types: Benefits & Features
There are different pool fence types, and you should choose the one that ideally suits your needs and aesthetic preferences. We reviewed the most popular types among customers and highlighted the key moments of each.
Aluminum Pool Fence
Aluminum swimming pool fences are valued for their high level of durability and rust resistance. The installation cost of this pool fence type is also relatively low. They are considered almost unbreakable. Such kind of fence is reliable and can be another stylistic element to your pool.
You should choose an aluminum fence when you:
- Are looking for straightforward fencing;
- Don’t want to worry about it rotting or needing to repaint it.
- Are looking for extremely long-lasting fencing that is rust and corrosion-resistant.
WaterWarden and Giantex are perfect variants of pool fences that have an aluminum construction.
Mesh Pool Fencing
The mesh pool fence type is usually steel woven, which is very strong and does not rust. They can also let you see the area around the pool. The mesh fence does not allow children or pets to climb up.
You should choose a mesh fence if you:
- Are looking for a fence to prevent pets or kids from entering your pool area unsupervised;
- Want the fence that can be easily removed and reinstalled;
- Are connoisseurs of aesthetics and do not want the fence to be an eyesore in your yard.
Life Saver and WaterWarden are the best mesh fences to set up around your pool.
Glass Pool Fences
There is nothing more stylish than a glass fence around a swimming pool, so it is not surprising that it has become one of the most popular choices on the Canadian market. The glass fence allows you to make the swimming pool the star of the show.
You should choose a glass fence if you:
- Prefer luxury and glamour;
- Don’t want the fence to block the view of your yard;
- Never want to worry about your fence painting or rotting.
Wood Pool Fences
The wooden swimming pool fence type is traditional and very popular on the Canadian market. Wooden fences are more resistant to corrosion than aluminum or vinyl. They are one of the most durable and strongest options for swimming pool enclosures because wood is natural and will not chip or crack. It will not rust, which means your fence can be used for decades without repairing! You must paint and treat it once or twice a year.
You should choose a wooden fence when you:
- Are eco-friendly and prefer a natural material;
- Need privacy and don’t want uninvited guests in your pool;
- Need a sturdy, safe barrier for keeping animals and children away from your pool.
3 Common Problems You May Face with Pool Fences And How to Avoid Them
1. Wrong height for pool fence
It is essential to follow the pool code for your county. If you build a fence without consulting your county’s guidelines, then you may need to update the fence you just installed, which will cost you a lot of time and money. If an accident of some kind occurs in your swimming pool, you may also be liable. These pool codes are vital to providing security for you and the surrounding neighbours. Keep in mind: swimming fences must be 1.2 m to 1.5 m high in Canada.
2. Gates that are not self-closing
If you don’t install a door that closes automatically, you might face security issues. Gates that don’t automatically close and lock are a safety hazard. When the gate closes automatically, you can ensure that no people or animals enter the pool area where they shouldn’t be there. This is especially useful when the children are around. So, you have to set up fencing only with self-latching gates.
You can consider the Life Saver gate, the most suitable model for Life Saver (review) and Giantex (review) pool fences.
- It is easy to install;
- Extra safety for your children and pets
- It is constructed of industrial-strength PVC-coated nylon mesh
3. Choosing a fence that requires high maintenance
Although natural wood and glass fences are currently trendy, they may be a problem for maintenance. Wood fencing tends to warp and twist. It also needs to be dyed or painted to help maintain its durability around the pool. Although most glass fences are made of special tempered glass, the glass is still easily scratched. Due to constant scratching, the glass may appear worn and damaged. In addition, enclosing your swimming pool with glass may cost you a lot of money.
Today, your swimming pool has some good fence options, such as aluminum fences and vinyl fences, which are almost maintenance-free! Aluminum fences are perfect for those who do not need privacy and want to maintain the scenery around the swimming pool. For those who need privacy, vinyl fences are a good choice.
Pool fences are a necessity for families with children and pets; the fence protects them from the danger of drowning. Now you know more about the types of pool fences and the problems that you may face. We hope you find the pool fence that will fulfill your needs. Whatever choice you make, first and foremost, your priority should be to ensure pool safety.
The Most Durable Construction
The fence is constructed of solid high gauge aluminum. Its pieces are joined with stainless steel safety latches that that can are easy to open;
You can construct your fence to the exact size and shape you need.
The Most Sturdy
It is made with maintenance-free and sturdy vinyl;
The fence is ; you can leave it under the hot sun and don’t be afraid about it getting damaged or discoloured by the sun’s rays;
The Safest for Children and Pets
It is provided with unique climb-resistant mesh that will prevent pets or kids from entering your pool area unsupervised;
The fence can be removed and reinstalled in-minute by a single person;
The Best Value for Money
It comes with a climb-resistant surface that prevents people from climbing over the fence;
The pool fence is made of a lightweight, strong aluminum frame and can be folded up and put away whenever you’d like.
🤔Do you need a privacy fence around the pool in Canada?
Predominantly, safe pool fencing is not yet required in Canada. However, if you live in Quebec, your pool must be equipped with a protective fence of at least 1.2 meters in height on all sides. The enclosing door must lock automatically.
🌅What are the best pool fences I can buy in Canada?
There are Top-4 pool fences for your safety and comfort:
– Life Saver Pool Fence — The Most Durable Construction
– GLI Protect-A-Pool Above-Ground Fence — The Most Sturdy
– WaterWarden Removable Outdoor Pool Fence — The Safest for Children and Pets
– Giantex Pool Fence in Ground — The Best Value for Money
📐What size fence do I need around my pool?
According to the safety regulations of residential swimming pools, the mandatory fences of above-ground, underground or semi-underground swimming pools must be 1.2 m to 1.5 m high. (Please check with the requirements of your municipality.)
❓What type of pool fence is the most effective?
The detachable mesh swimming pool fence is one of the most famous safety products used by homeowners. It is designed to meet the highest safety recommendations for pool fences. They are challenging to climb, are versatile, and can be easily removed.
Did you like the article? Was it helpful?
I appreciate that you explained the importance of considering the durability of the materials used. My uncle told me that he is planning to have a pool fence installed in their pool for safety purposes and asked if I have any idea what is the best option to do. Thanks to this informative article and I’ll be sure to tell him that he can consult trusted pool fence installation services as they can answer all his inquiries.