An inflatable hot tub can be a great addition to your home, but it is important to care for the unit properly.
We will cover how you store your hot tub and what maintenance tasks need to be completed regularly. You’ll also find answers to questions about how often you should clean an inflated hot tub, as well as the best way to do so.
Inflatable hot tub maintenance tips
How to clean your inflatable hot tub
Cleaning an inflatable hot tub is a simple task that should only take an hour or two. Inflatable hot tubs have different cleaning methods depending on the material they are made from and the type of filtration system installed inside.
- In most cases, you will be able to remove all of the water with just your body weight leaning against the side of the tub.
- After the water is drained, use a scrub brush to gently remove any dirt or stains on the sides of your inflatable hot tub. Do not apply too much pressure as it can cause damage to the vinyl material if you are rough with it.
Also, a hot tub can be cleaned using dish soap and a scrub brush in much the same way you would clean your kitchen sink or bathtub. Add some hot water to make suds out of the soap but do not soak for too long or apply too much pressure.
- You should also check the filters, which are located inside of your inflatable hot tub under the waterline, and remove any hair or other debris that may have fallen in there as well.
There are also products available that can be added to your inflatable hot tub to clean it easily. There are natural cleaning solutions that you can use, or there may be products available at the store where you purchased your whirlpool tub from. In most cases, these chemicals will dissolve any dirt and grime on the sides of the walls in just a few minutes, so this is another option to clean an inflatable hot tub.
- After cleaning with any safe method for your inflatable hot tub, you will want to make sure it is dried up before storing.
How to store your inflatable hot tub
Inflatable hot tubs have become a popular choice for many homeowners. It’s no wonder that inflatable spas are in such high demand. They offer an affordable and easy way to enjoy a luxurious soak anytime. When the time comes for you to store your inflatable spa, it is essential to follow the proper steps.
- Be sure that your tub is clean before you store it away for any time.
- It’s best to leave the top open when holding so air can circulate and prevent mildew growth in the seams.
- When removing water from an inflatable hot tub, be sure to drain it over a water-safe surface.
- The hot tub cover should also be removed before storage and cleaned separately from the inflatable hot tub itself.
Top tips for keeping the water in your hot tub or pool fresh
- Make sure your tub is always in the shade when not used to prevent algae from growing inside it.
Also, the sun can make a hot tub much hotter than you may want and even damage the vinyl, so keep it covered during off-hours for best results.
- If you have an inflatable hot tub that’s made of vinyl, always keep a garden hose nearby so you can add water to it when necessary.
- If the hot tub does not have enough chemicals in it and starts feeling sticky because of residue from your skin or hair, then just spray some freshwater into the inflatable part until the right pH balance is restored after each use.
- Make sure to keep your inflatable hot tub cover on when it’s not being used so no debris can get inside of the water, and also make a habit out of turning off any jets in the hot tub before getting out, so they don’t burn up from excess heat.
An inflatable hot tub is a great way to relax with friends and family, but it requires some upkeep. Suppose you do not adequately clean your spa after each use or fail to maintain its water chemistry levels. In that case, harmful bacteria can develop, which could cause skin irritations for bathers.
Fortunately, cleaning an inflatable hot tub is not difficult. There are a few simple steps that you can follow to ensure the health of your hot tub, which you will find in our article.
📌 How often should I clean my inflatable hot tub?
Hot tubs require regular maintenance for proper care and hygiene, just like pool equipment. It is strongly recommended that owners drain the water after each use. This can be done manually or with a pump. A hot tub should be drained and refilled with fresh water at least once every 30 to 60 days or as needed.
💦 How do I drain my inflatable hot tub?
Most higher-end models come with a drain plug that can be opened and closed as needed. Owners may need to use a pump if they cannot find the plug or it is broken. A hose will attach to this opening, which should go out an area where the wastewater can be drained.
🔎 How often should I clean my hot tub filter?
The filter is recommended to be cleaned every time you drain or refill your inflatable hot tub, or at least once a month. Owners may need to use brushes and other tools to get it fully functional for future uses.
🤔 Do you leave the inflatable hot tub on all the time?
If you use the inflatable hot tub frequently – three times a week or more – we recommend leaving the heater on at all times. Just after use, set the digital heater control to about 96 F.
Did you like the article? Was it helpful?