Presenting you 30+ fun accessories in Canada to enhance your hot tub experiences with family and friends! These little extras are surely a treat for hot tub users.
Is buying accessories for your hot tub a good idea? Do you need all of the accessories advertised in the Canadian market? I carried out research to help you understand the accessories that are useful for your hot tub and why spending money on them will be worth it.
To make it easier to understand, I compiled a detailed list of hot tub extras/ accessories that will be worth spending on. These accessories will provide a meaningful improvement of your spa experience and lifestyle which will allow you to:
- Get maximum pleasure
- Impress your friends
- Save time on maintenance
- Reduce costs associated with your hot tub.
Intex PureSpa Seat Bluetooth Waterproof Speakers Accessory Cleaning Kit Must-have for Short
Persons and Kids
Must-have for Party
Must-have to Simplify
Oil-Absorbing Sponges Spa Aromatherapy Water Thermometer Must-have to Extend
Spa Filter Life
Must-have for Romantic Must-have for Kids
I’ve been dealing with hot tubs for years, so I’ve probably tried everything that was invented for hot tubs. I used all my experience as a basis for this research and to avoid providing a biased opinion, my team also tested the hot tub accessories and checked customer reviews to see if there were any drawbacks associated with their use.
Read our article to see which accessories will help you get:
- Top-10 inflatable hot tub accessories under $50
- A more comfortable sitting
- Amazing spa parties
- A more romantic soaking experience
- Simple maintenance
- Sun & wind protection
- Insulation/ economical experience
Whilst we’ll consider all of these in detail, I want to start by providing a bonus-list of accessories for inflatable hot tubs under $50. Accessories in this list will make perfect hot tub surprise gifts for friends and family.
Top-10 Hot Tub Accessories Under $50 in Canada
1. Booster Seats — Must-have for Short People and Kids!
A drawback of an inflatable jacuzzi (even if it has real, hydro jets) is that you have to sit right at the bottom of the spa. This does not suit many people for various reasons: a hard surface, the spa is used by kids or you are just not tall enough to sit comfortably on the floor.
Reviewed by Amber Hammock in the United States
Note that this one is made of hard plastic, if you want a soft one, see more spa seats (jump to the section).
Intex PureSpa Seat
– Suitable for all spas
– The only one that has an adjustable height
– Doesn’t float up
2. Headrests — Must-have for Tall People
Inflatable hot tubs have soft walls that you can lean on but they aren’t very comfortable and can put a strain on the neck. For this reason, it can sometimes be uncomfortable to relax the body as the neck and the upper body is not in an ideal and comfortable position. Our research proved that headrests work perfectly for tall people.
Reviewed by Mrs. Cynthia K. Gilliam in the United States
- Easily placed on top of the spa wall
- Hold the headrest in place by filling it with water
- Adjust firmness by adding air
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 15.4x11.8x9 inches
According to the specifications, this headrest is compatible with the Intex PureSpa models only, but we used them with the too. To be sure if it fits your spa, check dimensions or you can use velcro to strap it on. If you don’t want to bother with this, there are universal headrests and pillows for hot tubs (jump to the section).
3. Cup Holders — To Get Everything at Hand
The sides of the inflatable hot tubs are not flat. Therefore, you can’t put your drinks on them. This is where a cup holder comes in very handy. Simply attach it to the wall of your spa and hold your drinks or bottles securely in place.
- Easily attached to the spa wall by clamps~Fits 2 standard size drinking containers~Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.3x8.6x7 inches
Note that this cup holder is not only suitable for Intex inflatable hot tubs, but also for other brands (compression clamps are used here, and the walls of the inflatable jacuzzis have almost the same width).
See more cup holders and spa bars (jump to the section).
4. Spa light — Must-have for Impressive Night Soaking
Almost everyone I asked agreed that it’s so romantic to sit among the lights on a wonderful Canadian evening, but not every hot tub is equipped with it. You don’t need to overpay for a built-in flashlight function. The simplest way to get an impressive experience is to use a floating spa light.
- 4 LEDs in 4 colors — yellow, red, blue and green
- 7 flashing modes — perfect for parties and relaxing!
- Easy to operate — press the button on the top to turn it on
- IP68 waterproofing allows for continuous submersion
I’m not the biggest romantic in the world, but I tried hot tub aromatherapy for the purpose of this research! See more accessories for a romantic hot tuperience (jump to the section).
5. Speakers — Must-have for Party Guys
Have more fun and relax with your favorite music. Hot tubs can be noisy when in operation. Not only disturbing the neighbors but also you when you listen to music. With floating speakers, the sounds will come straight out of the water and you will hear them clearly. Waterproof speakers are often equipped with lights adding to the personalized experience.
- Excellent stereo sound
- Waterproof — use floating or submersible
- Bluetooth connection to any device
- Hands-free calls with a built-in microphone
- 7 color changing flashing Lights
- Playtime up to 8 hours in a single charge
More accessories for parties/ entertainment — jump to the section.
6. Cleaning set — Must-have to Simplify the Cleaning Process
Spas don’t come with cleaning tools but they are a must-have to simplify the cleaning process. The choice of cleaning tools is vast. We will consider cleaning devices for hot tubs in detail. Though, there is a universal set that you can use to clean your hot tub both easily and quickly. Perfect for first-time cleaning.
- Curved brush ideal shape for inner wall surface
- Scrubber easily removes grime
- Mesh skimmer helps to fish out debris from the surface of the water
- Every tool has the perfect size for inflatable hot tubs (makes it easy to reach every area of the interior)
More cleaning devices for inflatable hot tubs — jump to the section.
7. Scumbugs — Must-have to Extend Spa Filter Life
Scumbugs improve spa water filtration and prevent a scum line on the walls. Simply put it in the water and it’ll do its job.
- Perfectly absorbs body oils and lotions (up to 40 times more it’s weight!)
- When scumbug is dirty simply squeeze it out, clean and reuse
- Commonly lasts for the whole season
More cleaning devices for inflatable hot tubs — jump to the section.
8. Unbreakable Glasses — Must-have for Outdoor Activity Lovers
Well, which of us has not broken the odd glass? After all, they slip so easily from wet hands. Nevertheless, and particularly in the summer season, water and fresh drinks should always be at hand to prevent dehydration while soaking. Make it safe and possible with unbreakable glasses for spas.
I suggest you see more accessories for parties/ entertainment — jump to the section.
9. Aromatherapy for Spas — Must-have for Romantic Nights in Your Hot Tub
Enjoy the aromatherapy addition to the hot tub experience. Always choose hot tub compatible products — oil-free and safe for equipment (check that it is specified by the manufacturer).
- No Oils
- Masks chemical smells
- pH neutral, no foam or bubbles
- Safe for all jets, pumps, and filters
- Added vitamins and skin moisturizers
Also available in liquids, crystals, and spa bombs. To boost the romantic experience, see more accessories (jump to the section).
10. Thermometers — Must-have to protect Pregnant Women and Kids
Most inflatable spa models have a built-in temperature monitoring device, but if your hot tub does not have one or you are not sure about its accuracy, a pool thermometer will work just as well. It is vital to monitor the temperature of the hot tub water to prevent overheating, especially when children or pregnant women are soaking in the hot tub.
- High-precision temperature sensor
- Displays temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Long-lasting and durable material
- Cartoon design — it can be used as thermometer and a toy
|Verdict: It’s impossible to fit all useful extras for inflatable hot tubs into a shortlist of 10 goods under $50. I analyzed a bunch of products: many of which we tested in our lab, others based on user reviews.|
Accessories That Offer Complete Relaxation
An inflatable spa is a great way to enjoy a hot tub hydrotherapy experience at home. A huge advantage is an affordable price. An inflatable spa is simple in construction and does not include seating or head support. That is why extra devices are so popular among customers in Canada. For example, it’s very common for customers to buy seats before they buy an inflatable hot tub.
Seats, Headrests, and Pillows
To make the most of your hot tub relaxation experience, you’ll have to sit comfortably otherwise you won’t enjoy the hot tub. If you are uncomfortable sitting at the bottom of the spa, or you want to sit a bit higher and lean your head at the back, a separate hot tub seat and headrest will prove to be very useful.
Reviewed by Scorp2Scorp in the United States on August 28, 2019
There are different types of seats and pillows:
Inflatable — soft to sit and lean on and can be filled with air, water, sand or a combination of them. This way you can adjust the hardness and prevent it from floating when not in use.
- Soft to sit on, but the suction cups may not hold it at the bottom, so it pops up when not in use.
- Tip — fill it with water or sand to fix the problem.
- The only construction that allows adjusting the firmness (by partially filling with water and air)
Weighted — construction prevents the inner weighted compartment from floating. A cushy pillow that stays under the water even when not in use.
- Submersible booster seat for hot tubs
- Weighted to prevent buoyancy
- Great for aqua fitness too
- Removable, machine-washable cover
- Measures 15x12x5 inches
Plastic — unique hard plastic seat, two height levels are available thanks to its adjustable legs. Heavy and due to this, it does not float up.
Intex PureSpa Spa Seat
– Ergonomic non-floating seat
– The only one that has an adjustable height
Foam — polyurethane foam provides an ergonomically shaped, cushioned surface.
- Ergonomically shaped
- Cushioned and damage resistant
- Securely attached to the spa wall
- Easy to re-position or remove for convenience
- Set up size: 11x9x6.75 inches
The steps are ideal to help you enter and exit the spa with ease. Furthermore, you can also use some steps as a convenient storage system (for example, to store hot tub care products and pool chemicals).
Confer Plastics HS2M Handi-Step Spa Stepn
Leisure Accents Confer
- Strong and slip-resistant plastic construction holds up to 300 pounds
- Compatible with both round and straight tubs, just put a curved or a straight edge on the top!
- An assortment of colors, youll surely find your favorite
- Durable plastic construction
- Weatherproof and UV-resistant
- Cleans easily with soap and water
- Tip — there is no storage box but you can easily modify it yourself with a pair of $2 hinges and save ~$50
Inflatable Steps, Benches, and Surrounds
These handy extras can improve the style of your inflatable hot tub and make the system more comfortable to use. Add a luxury experience to your spa (though, you’ll need free space around).
Not only can you easily and safely enter and exit the spa, but you can also relax whilst being out of it. Pick one for your hot tub model from the list below.
Inflatable surrounds — a way to make your spa experience the most comfortable without breaking the bank (note, hard constructions can cost more than the inflatable hot tub itself).
Fits Intex PureSpa models:
- Perfect place to lounge and relax when sitting by the spa
- Fits contours and matches color scheme of spas
- Attaches and locks into place
- Laminated material
- For use with Intex PureSpa models 28403/28404
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 76x27x13.5 inches
Impress Everyone in Canada at Your Party With Hot Tub Accessories for Entertainment
Many hot tub owners like to enjoy parties with their friends and families in Canada. Let’s see how you can add some fun and liveliness to your soaking experience with hot tub accessories.
All you need to get the best spa party:
Cup Holders and Trays
Inflatable cup holders are not only beautiful but sturdy enough to keep your drink safe while they float in the water. Don’t use these when jets or bubbles are running as the holders will move around too much, I had a bad experience.
Reviewed by Elaine Peña in the United States
- 3 pack flamingo
Inflatable Spa Bar
If you want some snacks along with your drinks, you may like an inflatable spa bar.
Floating Spa Bar
I’ve already talked about plastic glasses, now let’s look at silicone ones.
- Unbreakable silicone cups
- Dishwasher safe & stain-proof
- Made from premium non-stick clear silicone.
- Set of 4 glasses
Metal Sign Decoration for Spas
It’s just a fun way to decorate your spa zone.
Use waterproof games to have some fun while you soak. I also advise you to purchase a floating game table to get maximum comfort whilst playing.
- Flexible, hand-washable, and easy to shuffle
- 100% waterproof
- Floating durable foam
- Fits up to 4 players
- Measures approx 23.5 x 23.5 inches
Romantic Hot Tub Accessories to Impress Your Loved Ones
Make your hot tub nights more romantic with music, lights, and aromatherapy. Your loved one will be pleasantly surprised by these thoughtful little accessories.
- Magnet and suction cups attach to any surface
- Radio frequency remote
- 13 LEDs, 16 colors
- AA battery
Color Changing LED Glow Balls
- IPX7 waterproof 100% water and dust protection
- Enhanced bass and loud volume
- Advanced Bluetooth 4.0
- 3 color RGB LED lights with 7 color modes
Hot Tub Liquid Aromatherapy
Accessories to Make Hot Tub Maintenance Simple as ABC
We all want the best relaxing experience in the spa but we can’t run away from cleaning and maintaining it. A simple cleaning and maintenance routine will ensure that you can make the most of your hot tubs and prolong their life.
Cleaning Tool Accessory Set
Cleaning your spa isn’t as daunting as it seems. Furthermore, some tools can facilitate the cleaning process. There are special tools designed to make cleaning spas a breeze. They are designed to allow you to reach every nook and cranny. Although you can use ordinary household brushes and nets for pools along with a garden hose, you’ll have to put in more effort. Don’t forget to clean the bottom of the pool. You can use a spa vacuum to make it easier.
Cleaning Tool Accessory Set
- Works with most filters (fin depth of 3/4“ to 1-1/4”)
- Compatible with all filter cleaning sprays
- Fast 5-minute cleaning
- Cleans deep into the cartridge fins (regular filter sprayers and brushes can’t reach it)
Water Quality Maintenance
To maintain the purity of the spa water, you need to test the water quality and add chemicals to balance the water. If you’re not keen on using chemicals, make a salt-water hot tub with a chlorine generator system. Read about other ways to get chemical-free hot tubs.
Chlorine Starter Kit
- Everything you need to start a hot tub:
- Chlorinating granules
- pH & alkalinity up/down
- Oxidizing spa shock
- Spa clarifier
- Stain and scale control
- For use with 1” bromine/chlorine tablets
- 13 settings to adjust the amount of bromine or chlorine released into the water
- Weighted screw-on cap (doesnt flip)
- Salt System chlorine generator
- Up to 2000 gallons
- Simple installation without plumbing
- Low energy consumption
- Built-in timer with LED indicators
Sun & Wind Protection — Don’t Limit Your Hot Tub Pleasure
If your jacuzzi is installed in an open area, you will need sun and wind protection.
Adjustable tilt of the umbrella will provide shade at any time of the day. But it is useful at night too — enjoy the magnificent illumination from solar LED Lights.
- 24 solar LED lights run for 6-7 hours
- Water-, UV-, fade-resistant fabric
- Easy push-button tilt system
- Note: umbrella base not included
Unlike an umbrella, the canopy is attached to the spa itself. It provides good protection from the sun and wind.
A Dollar Saved is a Dollar Earned: Accessories to Make the Hot Tub an Affordable Experience
If you are not happy with your electricity bill, as electricity in Canada is not cheap, you can reduce energy consumption by extra insulation. The largest heat loss passes through the surface and the bottom. An additional all over cover will help. You can also strengthen the insulation of the cover by using a floating blanket (put it right on the water and close your cover). To prevent heat loss from the bottom, use a foam floor protector. These solutions help to minimize heat loss and save money.
I’ll add something else, although this seems obvious — clean and replace hot tub filters regularly. Water cannot flow through a dirty filter as easily as through a clean one. This means that the pump will work harder to filter the water. It will consume more electricity and will break down quicker. Clean the filters every 1-2 weeks and replace them once per year. Read our Hot Tub Cleaning Guide to learn to clean a hot tub properly.
Floating Thermal Blanket
- Provides extra insulation
- Improves heating efficiency
- Protects from rough surfaces and ground debris
- Contains 10 pieces – 9 for the hot tub and 1 for the pump
- S1 type filter cartridges
- Easy-to-clean, heavy-duty Dacron paper, for ultimate filtration
- Quantity: 6 filters
- Shrink-wrapped with an insert card
- Easy to clean
- Quantity: 6
“The devil is in the details” — the old truth… or, as my friend once put it, “Little things don’t matter: they all determine”. Hot tub accessories are exactly those details.
Is it possible to enjoy a massage without sitting comfortably and worrying about a huge electricity bill?
Yes, indeed, but you cannot get the most out of it.
Some accessories will provide us with benefits, others will help to impress someone. But all of them can improve hot tub quality in one way or the other.
Of course, you can use your hot tub without any extras. But if some of them can make your spa life easier and more enjoyable, then why not! Spending a little extra on these hot tub accessories will take your spa experience to a whole new level!
⚡️What accessories do I need for inflatable hot tub?
It depends on how you wish to use it. In the article we consider 30+ must-have hot tub accessories to get a new level of comfort, maintenance, romantic atmosphere, entertainment, and economy.
👍🏻What are the best inflatable hot tub accessories?
The most popular ones include Seats, Pillows, Cup Holders and Spa Bars, Covers, Steps, Scumbugs, Vacuum cleaners, Test Strips, Cartridges. In the article we consider in detail these and 30 more useful extras for inflatable hot tubs.
🎁What accessories to choose as a gift for inflatable hot tub owner?
In our article, we have made a list of the best inflatable hot tub accessories under $50 that make a great gift for any hot tub owner. Take into account the person’s needs and how they intend to use a hot tub. Cleaning and care products are a universal option for everyone.
🤷Where to buy inflatable hot tub accessories?
Before considering a model, you must have a clear set of requirements. Answering the following questions is crucial in determining the right Jacuzzi for your needs. Why do I need a hot tub? Top of the Best Hot Tub Vacuum Cleaners 2020 Amazon is a great place to buy inflatable hot tub accessories — large assortment, guarantee, and payment protection. You can find a list of the best inflatable hot tub accessories from Amazon in our article.
🎯What are the best accessories for Intex inflatable hot tub?
The most popular accessories for Intex inflatable spa are Seats, Headrests, Cup Holders, Cleaning sets, Steps and Surrounds. They are specially designed for Intex hot tubs and fit perfectly.
🥇What are the best accessories for a Bestway\Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tub?
The most popular accessories for Bestway\Coleman SaluSpa inflatable hot tubs are Seats, Headrests, Cup Holders, Cleaning sets, Steps and Surrounds. (see our article for a detailed list). Many inflatable hot tub accessories are made for Intex spas, but they usually work with all other inflatable jacuzzi models as well but check dimensions before buying to make sure they fit.
Did you like the article? Was it helpful?